Episode 101: Sassenach
- Claire’s voice sounds different
- VE Day: The first of many, many, many times we’ll see Claire drink! And the first time we hear her theme music.
- I forgot how pompous Frank is.
- So sad seeing Leoch in disrepair.
- And there we first see Jamie, but we don’t know him yet.
- This is when I started hating Frank – when he accuses her of infidelity.
- First time we hear Dance of the Druids
- I miss Mrs. Graham.
- At the stones with Frank that first time, why didn’t Claire hear any buzzing sound?
- Well, Frank, it’s your own fault. You should’ve gone with her when she asked, but you were too interested in the life and times of BJR.
- Claire wakes up in technicolor!
- Always take a Murtagh, even if you don’t know what a Murtagh is yet.
- I miss the witty banter of the first season.
Episode 102: Castle Leoch
- Episode 2 picks up one second after the end of Episode 1. None of this months going by off screen between episodes like in Season 5.
- Oh wow… the fireside scene. So much happens. He explains the back scars, she worries about Frank, and they share a tender moment.
- I never realized the jaunty cello tune must be Mrs. Fitz’s theme.
- Ugh. Stupid, slutty Laoghaire.
Episode 103: The Way Out
- I so miss the humor of Angus and Rupert.
- “Lily of the Valley” in that dreamy voice… *sigh*
Episode 104: The Gathering
- We meet Geordie #1. The first of many Geordies. At least three by the end of Season 5 by my count.
- It’s interesting seeing Claire and Murtagh knowing how close they’ll become eventually.
Episode 105: Rent
- Aieeeeeeee! We meet Ned! ❤ ❤ ❤
- Just noticed that their “road song” is about grinding corn! Hahahahahaha!
- Wool waulking! I forgot that was in this episode.
- Just noticed that the wool waulking song has “Mo nighean donn” in the lyrics.
- Wow. Two song lyrics that were meaningless until later.
Episode 106: The Garrison Commander
- How can anyone like Tobias Menzies?
Episode 107: The Wedding
- (I’ve watched this episode so many times that I have no new observations.)
Episode 108: Both Sides Now
- Wee Roger!!!!!! 😀
- Maybe if Claire hadn’t shouted, “Fraaaaaaank!!!!!!” she would’ve made it through the stones. Did the redcoats see her or hear her first?
Episode 109: The Reckoning
- Ugh. The Leghair boob scene.
- Why are all of DG’s Irishmen villains?
- LOL! I forgot about Murtagh’s sing-song “thank you” before he knocks out the guard.
- You should’ve killed him (BJR), Jamie!
- Jamie’s really pretty in this episode.
- Jamie was totally leading Laoghaire on.
Episode 110: By the Pricking of my Thumbs
- Murtagh Interruptus
- I LOVE Geillis’s coat! And Claire’s, too.
- Although she’s batshit crazy and a problem later, I really love Geillis.
- lol @ the Duke talking about separating Claire’s head from her neck. Ironically foreshadow much?
Episode 111: Devil’s Mark
- A murmuring of swallows?
- Oops. A murmuration of starlings.
- Honestly, this is probably my favorite episode. So much happens. So much is revealed. And Lotte’s acting is brilliant.
- Why is Jamie so BEAUTIFUL in this scene? Hair? Lighting? Stubble amount?
Episode 112: Lallybroch
- Drunk Jamie and the “elephant” music! Hahahahaha!
Episode 113: The Watch
- a.k.a. The first wasted episode
Episode 114: The Search
- a.k.a. The second wasted episode.
- Always take a Murtagh!!!
- Claire and Murtagh made me cry. 😥
Episode 115: Wentworth Prison
- Boy, do I miss Rupert and Angus.
Episode 116: To Ransom a Man’s Soul
- (I couldn’t watch this episode. It’s too difficult.)